Sunday, April 21, 2019

Halfway Mark - Big Landmark!

Weighed in at 242, so 55 lbs. lost overall, which also marks the halfway point, 50% of my weigh loss goal. So we're in the 2nd half now. I'm starting to notice it when I look in the mirror. A lot of my old clothes fit me again, some are too big. I am down to a 36 waist, and clothes I was going to donate because I had given up on the hope of them fitting me again, are back on the hangers.

A funny note about underwear: so, anyone who knows me, knows that one of my Basic Gay Traits is that I love love love cute underwear. And, since I have lost over 50 lbs., a lot of my really cute underwear not only fits again, but looks good again. The funny part is coming, I promise, here it is: since my underwear collection has re-entered my wardrobe there is a a new category -- Underwear I Can't Wear To The Gym. LOL. Enough said.

Two weeks ago I was sick a couple days and I only went to the gym 3 days, so last week it was a little rough getting back on track. I actually didn't go to the gym last Monday, so this week will be the first back-to-full. I did lose 5 lbs, and hit the halfway mark. Also did my measurements. I've lost 1 1/2 inches off my chest and 2 inches off my belly and 4 inches off my waist. I'm starting to be able to see actual muscles in my chest and arms. I'm looking good and feeling better. I've also started to get the sense that it is really a marathon, not a sprint. I was worried about my weight loss dropping off after having a half-week off and then kinda dialing it back last week and instead, I had one of the best results I've seen in a while. My average weight loss is holding steady at 2.5 lbs. / wk. If I really maintain that, I could hit my goal weight by the end of September, like 2 months + ahead of schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment